Some examples of what qualifies as an elevator emergency:
- Occupant trapped in an elevator
- No elevators in a building are operational
For emergencies only, call Facilities Central at 202-994-6706 option 2. This line is staffed 24 hours a day.
Non-emergency elevator requests include:
- An elevator not operating when there are more than one in the building
- Elevator buttons not lighting
- Elevator doors opening and closing slowly
- Elevators making unusual noises
- Dropped keys down an elevator shaft (if you believe this is a unique individual situation call FixIt for guidance)
Elevator related requests may be submitted through FixIt.
If you’ve dropped your keys, GWorld Card, or credit card down an elevator shaft, make sure to include which elevator you were in so technicians know which pit to check. Found keys will be dropped off with GWPD on the first floor of the Academic Center.
Elevator technicians are on campus from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Any non-emergency elevator requests submitted outside of that timeframe will be addressed when technicians are back on campus. You should still submit a FixIt request for any elevator problems you notice on weekends so they can get taken care of as soon as possible.