Some examples of what qualifies as an appliance emergency:
- Gas smells
- Ovens or stoves that will not turn off
- Actively overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
For emergencies only, call Facilities Central at 202-994-6706 option 2. This line is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Each residential room containing one to three residents has one mini-fridge and one microwave.
- Rooms with four or more residents and rooms with kitchens are equipped with 10 cubic foot refrigerators and microwaves.
- Rooms with kitchens should also contain a stove and may be equipped with a dishwasher.
Any appliance related requests may be submitted through FixIt.
Residential Stove Hoods
Some kitchens have stove hoods installed with no electrical connection. This means fans and lights are non-operational. The buildings below have stove hoods with no electrical connection. If your building is not listed, you may submit a Fixit request for non-functioning stove hoods.
- 2109 F Street
- Francis Scott Key Hall (FSK)
- Fulbright Hall
- International House
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis Hall (JBKO)
- Building JJ
- Lafayette Hall
- Madison Hall
- Mitchell Hall
- Munson Hall
- Strong Hall