Welcome to the website for Facilities Services, a department in GW's Division of Operations. Facilities Services manage and maintain GW's property and grounds on all three of GW's campuses including housekeeping, routine and emergency maintenance, moving services, pest control, project management, life safety upkeep, HVAC repairs, grounds maintenance, recycling/waste management. Our maintenance team includes electricians, carpenters painters, engineers, locksmiths and plumbers.
Maintenance requests may be submitted 24/7 by using the Fix-It system accessible by the button in the upper left corner of the page. You can also use Fix-It to view the status of your request. Please read "Getting Work Done" section of this website for more information about the work request processes.
Facilities Services is comprised of several units, including; Energy & Environmental Programs; Facilities Maintenance; Facilities Projects; General Services; Property Management; Relocation Services. Facilities Services is part of the Division of Operations and our partnering departments include:
- Investment Real Estate: Maximizes
real estate performance including asset management of GW's endowment
real estate portfolio and leading search, selection and negotiation
process of spaces leased by GW.
- Office of Sustainability: Works with the GW community in building a greener campus, providing research and intellectual discourse on policies and pathways to sustainable systems, and equipping students with the skills and knowledge to contribute to a sustainable future. sustainability.gwu.edu
Parking and Transportation: Oversees parking and other transportation initiatives, including management of inter-campus shuttle services and bike racks. parking.gwu.edu
We look forward to serving you. If you have any comments, questions or feedback please contact our Customer Service Department 202.994.2430, email@example.com
- Planning, Development, & Construction:Is responsible for managing all elements of planning, design, development and construction. It is the umbrella section the division that houses the following departments;
- Campus Development Management
- Campus Planning: neighborhood.gwu.edu
- Construction Project Management
- Facilities Planning and Design Review: including GW Design Standards for Construction Project Management.